OVO energy Terms and Conditions
Polar plus and EV Experience Terms and Conditions
Polar plus for OVO EV Everywhere Tariff Customers
- Two years’ free Polar plus membership offer is only for those that have switched to OVO energy’s EV Everywhere tariff. To qualify, you must first sign up through OVO energy and click on the referral link to Polar plus in your welcome e-mail. We then require you to sign-up for Polar plus and provide your Direct Debit details. You will then automatically qualify for two years free membership costs (saving £7.85 per month).
- The OVO energy offer covers your membership costs only. We take your Direct Debit details for any costs that you incur at chargeable posts – although the majority of posts are free to use, some will charge you for the electricity used from 12p per kWh. To see whether a charge point incurs an electricity fee and how much this is, please visit our live map at www.polar-network.com/map. Polar plus members also have access to Charge Your Car sites across England and Wales. Some of these have variable energy and connection costs that can be seen on our live map.
- At the end of your free period from OVO energy, you will then automatically be charged £7.85 each month on an ongoing basis, until you cancel. You may cancel your Polar Plus membership and Direct Debit authority at any time with no notice. Once membership has been cancelled all Polar Points accumulated on the member’s account are cancelled and any outstanding charges will still be billed to you.
- If you do not use the Polar network for a period of over six months, you will no longer qualify for free Polar plus membership from OVO energy and will automatically be switched onto a rolling contract of £7.85 that can be cancelled at any time.
- The two year free membership offer is only valid once per household. Customers may have more than one Polar card associated to their accounts however each additional card will be charged at £7.85 per month.
- Polar Plus membership is subject to fair and reasonable usage terms and conditions, at BP Chargemaster’s discretion.
- From time to time, BP Chargemaster / Polar (and our associated companies) would love to contact you about our latest news, products and services that we feel would be of interest to you. If you would rather we didn’t, then let us know at email@example.com. You will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from our emails at any time. Please note, we’ll never share your details with any other third party.
- For details on the OVO EV Everywhere tariff terms and conditions, please click here.
Polar EV Experience
We like to reward our members. That’s why we’ve introduced the EV Experience, allowing Polar plus customers to have the chance to drive a range of different electric cars for a week, including a BMW i8 and Tesla Model X.
- Every time you charge using a Polar charging site in a different town during a month using your Polar plus card you will be awarded 10 points. Please note that there are some chargers that do not qualify for points. If a charger is not eligible, this will be stated on the pin on our live map.
- You are also awarded 10 points if you have a BP Chargemaster Homecharge Unit fitted to your home under the government scheme at any time after 1st August 2015.
- These points are counted up on your account cumulatively and can be seen on your account section of the website.
- A Polar EV Experience is a week with one of the cars listed below and your account will be debited with the number of points listed against that car.
- The Experience week runs from 10.00 am on each Tuesday to no later than 12.00 noon on the following Monday. Cars must be collected and retuned to the EV Experience Centre in Milton Keynes.
- You get 10 points for a charge that must last at least 20 minutes on any Polar site listed on the current Polar Plus website map.
- Points are awarded cumulatively and you carry the total forward at the end of each month (unless redeemed for a Polar experience)
- You only get 10 points for each charge in a different town or city in a calendar month. In the Milton Keynes area Bletchley, Wolverton, Olney,Newport Pagnell and Milton Keynes are regarded as separate towns/cities, e.g. if you charge twice in say Wolverton in September you get just one award of 10 points. If you charge again in a subsequent month in the same town you get a further 10 points. If you charge in Wolverton and say Bletchley in the same month you get 20 points.
- Each charge point has a town or city linked to it on the website map for reference. London sites in each of the post code letters are regarded as individual “towns”, e.g. NW, N, SW, etc.
- The use of Polar Experience cars is covered by Polar Plus insurance for approved drivers. This insurance will cover you for third party claims and any damage to the vehicle less any excess charge levied by our insurance company. For the BMW i8 and Teslas the insurance excess will be £1,500. For other cars this is £500. You will not be covered for any damage to your own property or injury to yourself.
- Drivers must have had a valid full UK Licence for at least 5 years in order to drive the Teslas or BMW i8. All other experience vehicles require a valid full UK Licence for at least 2 years. Drivers must not have been disqualified in the last 10 years and have less than nine points on their licence. Driving licence and evidence must be produced in advance of picking up the vehicle. Chargemaster reserves the right to refuse eligibility in the event that its insurance company refuses cover for any reason.
- The EV Experience is only valid for members that are 25-70 years old except for in the case of the BMW i8 and Teslas, where drivers must be over 30 years old.
- All members will be responsible for the insurance excess applicable to the car and the cost of any excessive cleaning, damage to wheels, loss of keys, RFID cards, spare wheel or other equipment from the car. A swipe of the users credit card will be taken and a reservation deposit authorised of £500.This will be released on satisfactory return of the car.
- You can apply for the use of one of the fleet of cars on the account section of this website between the 1st and 10th of each month for the use of cars in the following calendar month. Points earned by members cumulatively up to the end of the previous month before application will be eligible.
- Four members will be awarded one week’s use of each car every month. Priority each month will be given to members based on the amount of Polar Points in their account, whether they have had an EV experience before and how many unsuccessful previous bids that they have had.15. Cars will be provided with a complimentary Polar card with no electricity charges on the Polar Network for the duration of the week of the loan and insured, subject to licence restrictions and damage excess.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by e-mail no later than the 13th of each month and invited to apply again the following month.
- Members will not be eligible to take the same premium car (BMW i8, Tesla Model X, Tesla Model S) more than once in any three month period
- BP Chargemaster may add or delete cars from the Polar Experience scheme at any time and you acknowledge that BP Chargemaster is not liable for any losses incurred by you that may be caused by this.
- BP Chargemaster may refuse your application for the use of Polar Experience cars at its sole discretion and without being required to provide a reason for this decision. No compensation will be paid.
- These terms and conditions will be updated from time to time and will apply from the date of publication on the www.polar-network.com website.
- Polar Experience vehicles are only to be used for social, pleasure and domestic use and must not be taken out of the UK.
- Cards used for dealership, demonstrator or rental vehicles can not collect Polar Points.
- These terms and condition are governed by English law and under the jurisdiction of English courts.